“Library consortia representatives from 31 countries will meet at the International Coalition of Library Consortia meeting in Oslo next week. I am delighted that colleagues from the Zimbabwe University Libraries Consortium and Sri Lanka National Digital Library Consortium will be joining Anne Powell and me, presenting on their experiences as well as having the opportunity to learn from others.”
Emma Farrow, Consortium Development Coordinator, INASP
- Videos of the presentations from the 2015 Publishers for Development conference are now available.
- A new blog post by Executive Director Sue Corbett shares some insights from a recent INASP survey.
- The importance of information access for policymakers is the theme of a new post by Mai Skovgaard.
- Upcoming events
- INASP Associate Ravi Murugesan will be attending the 2015 World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) conference in Delhi, India from the 1st to 4th October. He will present a poster on the collaboration between INASP and the Research Promotion and Facilitation Centre (RPFC) at the University of Colombo to build the research communication skills of Sri Lankan medical researchers, as part of the AuthorAID embedding initiative.
- From 5th to 7th October, Emma Farrow and Anne Powell will be in Oslo for ICOLC (International Coalition of Library Consortia).
- Sioux Cumming, Andy Nobes and Julie Walker will be accompanied by five winners of JOL grants to the International Society of Managing and Technical Editors (ISMTE) including Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Seminar on 12th and 13th October in London.
- Communications coordinator Siân Harris will participate in a panel discussion on open access at the Frankfurt Book Fair on 15th October.
- Recent publications
- Insights into the state of research systems in developing countries – Part One – Practising Development, 30 September, 2015
Sue Corbett considers trends in research systems in developing countries based on recent external stakeholder survey.
- Tip of the Week #253 – AuthorAID, 30 September, 2015
Examples of CVs submitted with successful grant proposals can be useful models, writes Bernard Appiah.
- Latindex and AuthorAID report on successful partnership for research-writing course – INASP News, 29 September, 2015
A presentation at the Latindex 21st Annual Technical Meeting this week will highlight the success of a recent research-writing course.
- Videos of Publishers for Development conference available online – INASP News, 28 September, 2015
Videos of Publishers for Development conference available online.
- Guest Post: Sharing Professional Information on Twitter – AuthorAID, 28 September, 2015
Guest blogger Parvathy Hariharan provides some tips on sharing professional information on Twitter.
- How to access research evidence as a policymaker – Practising Development, 24 September, 2015
INASP’s Programme Officer for Information Access, Mai Skovgaard, considers how national collaboration and consortia support access to research, which in turn supports policymakers to use evidence in making decisions.
- External coverage
- Demand Focused Capacity Building: Reading List – Research to Action, 26 September, 2015
- AuthorAID Online Course in Research Writing – Indonesian Nursing, 23 September, 2015
- 1st Science Writing and Communication School is underway! – Teaching and Research in Natural Sciences for Development in Africa, 12 September, 2015
- Library and Information Education in Malawi – Health Information Updates to and from Africa, 2 September, 2015